Straight Talk Young Lady Mentoring Program
To demonstrate the shape of Godliness through unconditional love and nurturing relationships between older and younger women in order to encourage and equip their lives for God’s glory.
Titus 2:3-5 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted too much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God Biblical principles to encourage young ladies to lead a life that glorifies God
· Life/ Job Readiness Program: This life class will help individuals create change in their lives by helping to develop the necessary social skills that are required to achieve and maintain employment. This Readiness Program address the root causes of why most people are not able keep a job, nor find a job and deal with everyday problem of life. The Life Readiness Program offers eight (8) personal development classes/workshop and all the life classes focus on developing critical life and job skills.
· Community Service: Christ was a servant, and. The young ladies and mentors will work together to serve others in the community through a variety of ways.
· Christian and Sexuality: From friendships to dating. We discuss the issues, traps and dangers of dating and teach them how to “win the mental battle over sex.” We focus on the traps, myths, and consequences of sex outside of marriage.
· Love: focuses on learning to accept God’s love for oneself and teaching unconditional love for others. Relationships: This class focuses on developing healthy relationships with God and others, where their gifts will be used to transform others.
· Peer Pressure: teaches how to live your life in such a way that shows that Jesus is the only one you care about fitting in with and impressing. It discusses the definitions of peer pressure and how to resist peer pressure in today’s world.
· Self-Esteem: teaches that self-esteem comes from God first, and then from the way we interact with others around us in the way we give to them our love, affection, and time. It encourages loving others and in turn loving ourselves; self-awareness; inner beauty and possessing a gentle spirit. This class was developed to teach participants to know and understand the rules of personal safety.
· Young People Financial Management Classes covers a board band of topics and subject matters. The word of our God said My people Perish from a lack of knowledge (Hos 4:6, Ex 19:21 Prov 28:28).And Because of this we offer the Free Finance Management classes here at UCFC. Financial education fosters financial stability for individuals, families, and entire communities. The more people know about credit and banking services, the more likely they are to increase savings, buy homes, and improve their financial health and well being
2712 S Bay St Pine Bluff AR 71603 6:00 pm Every Monday